Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

5 Benefits of a UK Staycation

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 26 April 2022 | Views [49]

Family Holiday

Family Holiday

Even with restrictions easing, many people still aren’t keen on travelling abroad. But, there’s no need to waste your annual leave; you can still get a holiday here in the UK.

A staycation (sometimes referred to as a “holistay”) is when you stay in your home country instead of going abroad. Due to travel restrictions, this kind of vacation has become increasingly popular since the COVID-19 pandemic.

Yet, many people aren’t convinced and can’t wait to get back to exploring the globe. But, even as restrictions ease, the benefits of staycations are as prominent as ever.

1. Closer to home

This might not seem like a conventional holiday, but think how much more quality time you’ll have for attractions when you’re not travelling for hours. Instead of spending hours trapped on a plane, you can sightsee while you travel to your destination. Plus, it means you can have more mini holidays with weekend getaways, and you’ll be close to home in case of any emergencies.

2. Get to know your home country first

The UK is full of fantastic sightseeing opportunities and hidden gems. There’s always something to see or do. And, by holidaying in your home country, you’ll be helping your local economy. After the impact of COVID-19, this kind of help is invaluable for local businesses and communities.

3. More bang for your buck

By choosing to stay in the UK, you’ll cut the cost of travel, passports, insurance, and more. You can choose between budget holidays such as camping or splurge on extravagant hotels, giving you more control over your spending. Plus, self-accommodating holidays add to that control by allowing you to choose your food budget, and you can always take back anything you don’t use at the end of the holiday.

4. Pet friendly

If you choose to go camping, caravanning, or even some self-catering accommodation, you can bring your furry friends. The UK is full of stunning landscapes and beautiful walks for your companion to join you on. Just remember a lead for some fields with sheep.

5. Environmental impact

When planes burn through their fuel, they produce greenhouse gases. Releasing these gases into the atmosphere, especially carbon dioxide, contributes to global warming. For those keen to become as eco-friendly as possible, staying in the UK is the more sustainable option.

Enjoy your staycation!

With these benefits highlighted, it’s clear to see the positives of staying in the UK for a holiday. The effects of the global pandemic are still looming in our “new normal”, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your time off. It’s time to relax and discover your home country!

Tags: advice, staycation, uk

About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.