Existing Member?

A Scotsman Travels...

Tips for Taking in Conferences Abroad

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 18 June 2019 | Views [159]

The old adage in business states that it’s not what you know, it’s who you know. We all know that personal relationships can take you a long way in the working world, and if you meet people in the know, they can give you the means to take your enterprise to the next level. One of the best ways to expand your business network is to attend as many business conferences as you can.

If you really want to maximise your impact, taking in an industry conference abroad can expose your business to a whole new group of people. If you want to know what it takes to get the very most out of a trip to Europe for a conference, read on to find out some top tips on improving your international conference game.

Choosing Where to Go

This will be dependent on your business’s industry, but the connected world of the internet has created a lot more opportunities for business specialists to meet up with other people from within their respective industries. You will find any number of opportunities across Europe, but it’s important to do your research and ensure you are travelling to an event which you will benefit from. Make sure you get on the industry forums and trade press to find out which events have the backing of key people in your line of work.

Sorting Travel and Accommodation

When it comes to booking your flights, you will be limited in your dates to cover the time you are visiting the conference. If you can give some flexibility with the airport you’re planning on travelling from, you might be able to get a better deal on your flights. Many conferences run travel packages in conjunction with local hotels, so you might be able to wrangle some form of a discount on where you’re staying, especially if the conference venue is run out of a local hotel.

Packing for Your Trip

Once you have settled on your destination conference and finalised the travel arrangements, you can get on to packing. As many conferences only run for a couple of days at the most, you won’t need much more than you otherwise would for a long weekend. It’s important that you have tech support as well. Travel adapters and battery power will all come in handy if you’re planning on taking a laptop or similar to the conference venue, and good old-fashioned business cards are perfect for handing out to the people you chat to.

Benefitting from Networking

Many people can find going to a conference difficult, especially when it comes to meeting and networking with people. This can be magnified by being in a foreign country or travelling alone. There are plenty of guides online that can help you overcome this with confidence. It’s important to get your name out there and follow up with anyone who you deem to be a valuable business connection. Before you travel, ensure that you have registered your business on Google so that your brand name is discoverable to people who are searching for you having met you.

There is so much going on across Europe, in terms of conferences and meetings in many industries. By making the travel arrangements and networking successfully, you can meet people who can help you take your enterprise even further!

About chrissilb


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.