Existing Member?

World Tour "We have all been placed on this earth to discover our own path, and we will never be happy if we live someone else's idea of life."

Trans-Siberian Train and Ulaanbaatar

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 11 October 2007 | Views [587] | Comments [2]

5 and a half days on the train was not at all as bad as it sounds. Got to know the people in our group a lot better and generally had a really good laugh. Lots of vodka was consumed on the first 2 nights until Migs (guy from California) decided to shut the door on the train police. They took his passport and demanded a 'fine' to get it back. We paid and kept the noise down a bit after that!

Had our first successful excursion to a night club on our first night in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Was an.. interesting selection of music and we all danced like idiots with the locals who were really friendly. The music was stopped twice for about 10 minutes while the police came in but we still don't know why as it was put back on just as loud as soon as they left.

Next day we headed to the countryside for a night in a traditional ger camp. A horse took me for a ride (I just tried my best to stay on the thing!). We played a game with goats teeth later on which involved flicking them at the matching ones. I'm still not really sure what the rules were to be honest.

Today, we came back to the city and did our own thing. I'm now sat in a 24 hour internet cafe in the back streets, I'm off now to try to avoid the open manholes and crazy traffic.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Hello there tourist extrordinairre. So glad to hear you are having a great adventure, getting into some minor scrapes (character building tha' knows) and trying so many different things. Rats for dinner, perhaps Caroline might try that on your return. Keep up the brilliant commentary, perhaps try a bit of culture as well as night clubs!!

Love Dad and Caroline xxx.

  Dad and Caroline Oct 13, 2007 7:36 AM

2

Hey Dad and Caroline,

Hope all is good at home, i'm definitely good away. Met some great people and seen some awesome stuff. I've taken in plenty of culture as you should be able to see from the photos! Went to the forbidden city today and the great wall yesterday. I'll write about it when i have a bit more time. Going for Dinner now.

Love Chris

PS: The camera you got me is brilliant!

  chrisdews Oct 15, 2007 9:42 PM

About chrisdews


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.