Existing Member?

World Tour "We have all been placed on this earth to discover our own path, and we will never be happy if we live someone else's idea of life."

Moscow

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [415]

Moscow was a bit of a blur! Arriving at 830am, right in the middle of rush hour and having to try navigate the metro system while carrying all our stuff.. Made especially tough by the Russian's complete disregard for any queuing.

Met up with our Trans-siberian group, 9 blokes and 1 girl. Good banter though. I've been nicknamed 'Junior' because im the youngest on the tour. We've sampled more russian quisine and attempted to sample the night life but ended up walking around in a dodgy part of town. 5 rats greeted us when we got off the metro and we walked past a woman leading a pony at 1 point. Gave up finding the club, ate a rat kebab.. it did'nt taste like chicken anyway. We then managed to lose the dodgy Russians that were following us and walked for an hour and a half to get home. Good times!

We did all the sight seeing the next day, followed by an ice hockey game the day after, where, despite our attempts to avoid the exact situation, we ended up sat right in the middle of the away fans (some of whom had driven for 24 hours to get there). We tried to keep our heads down but we must have stuck out as a few of them started asking us who we were, etc. It turned out they were really friendly and they actually told us we made the right choice not to go to the SKA Moscow match where there is a lot of violence apparently. They gave us a round of applause at the end! I have no idea why but we were loving it!

The next day was more sight-seeing, where we ended up in the middle of some politcal rally by accident. Then we had a mad dash to buy food and get on the train to Mongolia.

Tags: Sightseeing

About chrisdews


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.