Existing Member?

Chris' Adventures My highly anticipated trip to the America's...

The last few days in Chicago..

ECUADOR | Monday, 13 August 2007 | Views [714]

Me with Chicago in the background

Me with Chicago in the background

Ok so i´ve made it to South America! I´m currently in Quito, Ecuador and staying with a Ecuador family (ill tell you more about that next time).. Tommorrow i start my week of Spanish lessons which im looking forward to as my Spanish skills aren´t really that good at the moment... Cervesa means beer though.. I know that much!

Wednesday, 8th August, 2007

So after a couple of days of recovering from the lollapalooza experience, today i met up with my lollapalooza friend and we went to the Planetarium and the Art Meuseum... I insisted on going to the Planetarium even tho i had been given a lot of advice stating that it was mainly aimed at children but I ignored it all and went anyway.. 5 minutes after paying my $10 entry fee I discovered that was aimed at kids.. But it was kinda cool.. Does anyone remember those charity things that they used to have where you would launch a 20c piece or something from the top and it would circle around this funnel gradually increasing in circle frequency until at the very bottom it would look like it was going a million miles an hour? I used to love them! Well yeah, they had a big one of these that was meant to be a black hole and you would launch about 30 marble type things.. I was quite amused to say the least! hehe..

The Art Gallery was pretty cool as well but we only got to stay there for like an hour because we didn´t get there til 4 and it closed at 5.. I kinda wish that we had more time to look around it as i think there was a lot more that we could have seen but oh well...

Thursday, 9th August, 2007

Today i didn´t do much as the humidity was absolutely crazy, so i pretty much stayed home watching DVD´s on the 7 billion inch plasma TV that they had!! Oh how i miss that TV!

After having the house to myself for the last week, Libby, Connor and Chase came home about 4ish and Libby, Connor and Me went to a Thai restaurant in Glen Ellyn for dinner while Chase had football (grid iron) practice.. The restaurant was very very hunky-dory..

Friday, 10th August, 2007

This was my last day in Chicago.. After flipping a coin to decide if we see the new simpsons movie or Rush Hour 3, I took Connor and Chase to see the Simpsons movie at the local cinema.. ´spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can´..

After the movie we went home and i got to meet Roger (Libby´s husband) and Roger Jnr and Rose.. And then we all went out to a Japanese restaurant called Benihana (i think) where they cook the food on a big barbeque at your table... This was very fun!

After the restaurant we went home and i packed everything and waited for the taxi to take me to the Airport for my 3:15am Saturday morning departure to Quito.. Leaving at that crazy hour was fun. (sarcasm included in that last comment!)

Saturday, 11th August, 2007

I arrived in Ecuador completely buggered at 2pm and got a taxi to the hotel that i was staying at, went and got some food, had a bit of a look around and then went back to my room and slept from 4pm Saturday til 10am Sunday morning!! It was an exciting day!!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.