Existing Member?

Travel Journal Chloe and Henry on the Indochina Loop

Amazing afternoon in Pai

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 8 August 2009 | Views [421]

So as if I hadn't already had a pretty good day already...

Went and had my haircut because Pai made me feel adventurous. For 3 pounds (!!!) she did a pretty good job. Unfortunately no one is here to back me up that its ok but its basically the Keira Knightley look that I promised I would do before I left.

After that I wandered around the 4 main streets which make up Pai and they were all very chic and pretty. Got quite hungry and someone pointed me towards a food market. The food market was good but even better was the festival going on in the field at the end of the street. I still have no idea what it was for but there were all these food stalls in a square and then a stage at one end with a THai band and Thai dancers. Tried something from nearly every stall then sat down on the chairs and tables in the middle of the square to eat sweet pork and sticky rice wrapped in a banana leaf which was very yummy

Then there were all these children who had set up games and craft stalls. One group was making bracelets out of string. They tied the string to their big toe and then looped different colours around their fingers and wound them in and out of each other to make it plait. Anyway you could try it out for free! So they taught me how to make 2 types and laughed at me when I couldn't do it but it was so much fun and they were really sweet. Then went back down and watched some dancing and ate more food - mini pancake things with all different fillings :)

Going to bed shortly as I have to get up for the bus tomorrow. Have really enjoyed my day in Pai and can understand why most of the travellers you meet here have been here for 3 months as opposed to 3 days.

Won't be able to blog for at least 2 days as there will definately not be internet in my homestay village. Might not blog for 5 days if I stay in SOppong longer and then i have to spend nearly 2 days travelling to Bangkok. So don't worry about me, as always just assume I'm having an amazing time.

Lots of love xxx

About chloe_in_asia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.