Existing Member?

Travel Journal Chloe and Henry on the Indochina Loop

Back in Thailand

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 6 August 2009 | Views [319]

Sorry for lack of blogging over the last few days. Left Laos a day earlier than planned and have been busy for the last two days exploring Chang Mai.

Took the slow boat up the Mekong from Luang Prabang to Huay Xai which was so relaxing and peaceful. 10 hours of travelling for 2 days but they passed so quickly. Overnighted in Pak Beng where there was no electricity and the generators cut out after 10pm so that was a painfully hot night without a fan. Beautiful views of the river and passed a few tiny villages where the men were fishing and the women were washign the clothes in the river. Another overnight at the border because it was closed by the time we got there.

Took a quick boat across the river to the thai border which was the most painless border experience so far. Then it was a 7 hour bus ride from Chang Khong to CHiang Mai which I think made everyone appreciate the comfort and fresh air of travellign by boat.

Chiang Mai is a great city. Went out with the boys last night and there were lots of great bars, an amazing night market and brilliant street food. Spent this morning looking around some temples which were really stunning and a very different style to most of the others I have seen in South East Asia. Beef and noodle soup from a street vendor for lunch $1 and cycling round the city this afternoon to see everything going on.

Probably moving onto Pai tomorrow by myself. Planning to do some trekking and maybe a homestay with a hill tribe. Then onto the tiny town of Soppong to see the biggest caves in Asia and maybe do some rafting.

Nice to be back in Thailand, particulary because of the food which is just so good and so cheap. Enjoying travelling with the Justin and Liam at the moment but also looking forward to meeting mroe new people in Pai.

Lots of love xxx

About chloe_in_asia


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.