Existing Member?

Intrepidone1

Ko Phi Phi Don Thailand

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 18 September 2010 | Views [695] | Comments [1]

Well Phi Phi Don, Nice place but I wont come here again unless I want to lay on the beach all day and party all night. In saying that some of the high lights were snorkeling for a day with part of the trip to Maya Island where the movie 'The Beach' was filmed in 2000 starring Leonardo DiCaprio.Again nice beach if all you wont to do is lay on a beach. After 2 hours here I was bored shitless and ready to go diving again where I saw some turtles went kayaking which generally made up for the lost time.

One evening I teamed up with another Aussie and an Irishman. Both good blokes and decided to go to see some Muay Thai boxing. Now after copious amounts of buckets which are sold on the island Ingredients=(

  • Mekong whiskey flask (Thai Whisky), + one small bottle of a Thai energy drink (M-150 or Redbull) + Two cans of Coca Cola, Pepsi, or Sprite
    There are ton more variations.
  • They do sometimes add lime.
  • A ton of ice.
  • About a dozen straws. Even if you’re only using one of the straws.

Yes we were feeling pretty invincible and with the offer of a free bucket for any one to get up and have a go I decided to try my luck. Well the bloke I was going to fight pulled out at the last minute and a Thai bloke set me up with another guy about my height and weight but half my age. No probs I thought. This guy came out at a hundred miles an hour so I thought I would let him where off a little steam and go defensive. This proved to work all right and I got a few good kicks in.

Unfortunately the guy never did lose steam and for three rounds of three minutes I ended up getting a blood shot eye, sore knee "It now has a click" bruised legs, shoulder and foot"-self inflicted from my own kicks so it all proved to be a very pain-full experience.

Turns out the guy I fought had just finished his time in the Israeli army conscription and was on a holiday with his mate. I spoke to his mate after the fight for about half an hour, mainly about Israeli politics. After a while I wondered where his mate was as I hadn't seen him after the fight.

Turns out he really had over done it and was in the toilets throwing up.

Got my revenge after all :-)

BUT- NEVER AGAIN I was sore for a couple of weeks after this had trouble sleeping and initially I had trouble getting out of bed as I had a crack to the ribs.

Here is a link to the day after- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eAAiNXPl-k

Comments

1

Love how the ref encourages the guy who just got smashed to get up!

LOL

I am enjoying watching your trip so far Chook.

  paulg Sep 27, 2010 6:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.