Existing Member?

A moment is a moment that should be siezed...

Miss Miss Part 2...

CHINA | Wednesday, 8 October 2008 | Views [334] | Comments [1]

Student: " Miss i saw you with your boyfriend!"

Teacher: " Oh no that was not my boyfriend, it is a friend of mine from Australia"

Student: " No miss it was your boyfriend. He, he looks very cool you know miss"

Teacher: " Actually no it's a school friend of mine from Australia, he works as a techer in Changzhou"

Student: "Miss why is your face red"

The lesson continues.

Then again some more questions...

Student: " Miss I know that there is a street and the boys and boys are togther and the girls and girls too. And also miss there is another one it's called the 'Kings' street and there are many... ( miming someone injecting drugs) and there are ladies... ( miming a prostitute ) it is very bad miss "

Teacher: " We can talk after class ok? "

The lesson finishes and I am approached again by the inquisitive student from the front row.

Student: " Miss are you looking for a boyfriend? "

Teacher: " Sorry, why do you ask? "

Student: " Well miss it's just that you are 24 now, and well when you get old and older you get... (He mimes wrikles on his face), and then you won't find one. "

Teacher: " Thanks for your concern. "

Student: " Oh miss I know so much about Australia! My father wants me to go to Australia. I have many books, I have six books at my home about Australia"

Teacher: " Well we have alot to talk about then "

Student: " Australia is a free country miss, people doing bad things not like in China "

To be continued...

Comments

1

Hi there, I just joined world nomad website as I needed some travel insurance... sorry bit of a boring start to my email... and I followed some links and ended up here after looking to see if there are any other Western people in Changshu!

I found your blog. I am from the UK and am teaching here this year. Are you here for the year?

All of the other foreign teachers here are pretty old, so just me and my friend Jodie hang out together much of the time, I'm sure she'd really welcome the chance to meet another wetern person if ever you fancy meeting up in town. Anyway, we can talk some more if you fancy, hope you get this email!

Alex (skerten18@hotmail.com)

  Alex Oct 18, 2008 11:49 AM

About chelsea-go-round


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.