Existing Member?

Biking trip

entering Switzerland

FRANCE | Thursday, 21 May 2009 | Views [401]

Today, im so not moving, took a walk to thonon and I around 6pm I took the laptop in the bathroom where I can get electricity, sat on the floor and started writing. A guy went in with a bike bag, so talked with him and we finally did eat togheter and drank a bottle of wine, with some liver and pasta. Was nice, he was doing all the alps on the bike, thonon till nice. Good time.


Morning, time to enter Switzerland. So I went on, as soon as you cross the customs, you see a big difference of the road, here its new, all nice road. Took my lunch on the port of geneve and followed the cyclist road till morges where I when to the first campsite in view. She asked me 12.50 euro, dont remember the number in Swiss dollar. Humm again more then 10 I told her let me thing about it a minute, checked my stuff and well add to stay, needed to reach daniel and sophie to at least tell them I was around. So when back and told her ok ill stay. She told me keep your euro, its ok it on me. Sweet a free night in a campsite, already add some price down but a freeby wow talked with her for a wild and after I went in town to find a card and call my contact. Phone them and all good I can come around tomorrow. Got back, eat, meet a 62 years old guy that is trip is walking all around, this time he was walking around the lake leman, he showed me on the map some place he walked, nice walk and is retire now so got more time for bigger trip. he went in town and i went to a park to play some poi. Some guy were fighting with sword “practicing” and the 2 girl with them were playing also with poi. I went to say hello, guy were some young metal dude, long hair and metal t-shirt with big black boots, a pit like I was younger. Not much to said from them. So talked with the lady's and they had to catch there train so all went off. Back at the tent watched a movie and sleep.


Today I just go in champagne and meet the 2 contact I got from my sister boyfriend. About 40 km of road to do. 1H30 I was already there. Talked a lot, we hate a nice salad with some cheese and talked again till about 11pm. Nice people, was a good day. Thursday, they when all the familly on a bike day, so I me I will do laundry and a day in front of the computer to set everything out.

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.