Existing Member?

Biking trip

carcassonne

FRANCE | Thursday, 26 March 2009 | Views [271] | Comments [1]

nope it wasnt a early morning seem like I needed to sleep and also it was cold morning. 9 got on the bike, around 11 I was entering carcassonne, one of the few town I didnt have hard time to enter : P

first thing first, find the info center. Got there asked for a yought hostel and told me there one in the middle of the city ( not the town but the old city inside the wall) so got there and got stunned by the price of the bed 22 euro with a card of membership ( cant book without it.) got one night book, wanted a bed. Got around the city, 2 hours and u saw it, its just commercial place. Once u see the wall, the inside is resto and gift shop only. Got inside the church, first time in year I get into one and honestly I didnt like it, felt wrong to be in a place like that, I just went out after 4 minute big max with ants all around my body. Will try to avoid church in the futur. Its just cold and unhealty place ( malsaint in french).i was definitly expecting more from this town but a well its still beautiful but just lot to much commercial. Sad !!


I went shopping after that, needed a new camera, my lcd sceen still broken. Will looking at some camera there a guy that came nearby, dunno what I told him, but we started to talk, and told me I should go see at another place there more choice and its cheap. He actually ofered me to bring me there, said ok. So we went there talked some more. I bought a new canon camera. And he ofered me to bring me back to the city. Got a lift and told me if I wanted to come around is place, he stay a couple km out of town in a small village, could stay 2-3 day if I wanted. Honestly I quite like the idea, im tired of biking at the moment, my leg are diying. So tomorrow morning im heading to is place. He is in the 60, named Gill, really nice guy and is offer really get in a good moment. Will bring him some food and gonna offer him to make him at least the dinner !!!

Comments

1

Be carful, there are lots of lions and angry elephants in the west of europe ;-p

  Christian Mar 27, 2009 7:50 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.