Existing Member?

The selected occurences

'The power of Petronas

MALAYSIA | Friday, 26 November 2010 | Views [258]

'He gazes in sheer amazement at the two metallic figures piercing the KL skyline.  The towers exude the excellence of man made ingenuity, a testament to the progress in the region.  As the sun glistens on the metallic frames of each window one can only feel amazed at such a structure, towering over the all the tourists and workers below.

KL is a city that is economically and technologically advanced, easily defined as a developed city.  The public transport, whilst overly packed on occasion, runs on time, and at a quicker rate than in Melbourne.  The city is surrounded by colourful billboards of the latest gadget, some new television show, or fast food meal.  Shopping Centres are abundedent, and stupendous in size.  A short walk from our guesthouse, Beraja Time Square, seemed to mimc the Petronas towers, each level met by a successive level, easily trumping any other shopping centre i had been to. 

Chinatown, produced no chinaman, but a cacphony of sounds, ranging from the raging horn of a disgrunteld driver, the bored pleas of salesmen, or the chitter chatter of overwhlemed tourists.  The products were all fake, cheap, and pointless.  Yan, in his first attempt to haggle, came away with a significantly cheaper price, yet I still believe I am the one who brought the price down.

Note: when first told of initial price of fake raybans (which subsequently broke in the hotel room)Yan belowed the fakest of laughs, instructing but not fooling the store tender to drop the price.  It was only once direct orders were made til we came to an agreeable price.

 

About chavat09


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.