Existing Member?

The selected occurences

The Departure: November 25th

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 25 November 2010 | Views [204]

Rain grew from a graceful touch, to a forceful collision in a matter of minutes.  The morning swell of meals, showers, and dressing were met with an excited determination.  Bags were checked once, twice, then thrice, everything going as planned for the morning departure.  My travel partner lived up to expectation arriving 15min late. Our taxi, manned by my farther, as expected ran on time.  A short goodbye to mum, the forceful gift of religious trinkets, (both to me an Yan), served as a safe guard in her mind to the dangers that lay ahead (realistically if she would indeed increase safety, she would banish Yan to a life within Australian borders, but such knowledge is foreign to her).  The commute went without issue and we soon were at the international drop off lane at Melbourne Airport. 
Notes before Departure:
- Yannick's close friends and family are somewhat worried about Yan, due to intimate knowledge of his behaviors.  This culminated in a direct threat from Yan's mum on the eve of the trip, saying, if anything happens to my yanibun, its your ass Tim', said with such seriousness, that I actually feared for my safety. 
- This is the first time Yan has traveled without family, and the first time he has left the country in six years.  What makes this adventure unique is Yan has found love, two weeks before departure. This, obviously has influenced temperament, conversation, emotional state and frustration levels, but more will be said of the Kimberley siutaion in latter entries.

About chavat09


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.