Existing Member?

MyItchyFeetAreBringingMeTo... My adventures in the Americas and beyond!

Going North of Argentina

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 9 October 2013 | Views [594]

After I spent a few very enjoyable days with Luciana in Escobar, I went on the road to Rosario which I liked very much. The city is quite nice as it is not too big and not too small. If people get too stressed living in Buenos Aires, I reckon they should settle in Rosario. It did feel like a city where it is nice to live, with enough entertainment but not too much going on at the same time. I stayed in a hostel where the owner had quite a good knowledge of France and very oddly knowledge of some very specific cultural french stuff that it was very surprising.  

From Rosario I moved on to Cordoba where I settled for 5 nights as I was exploring the area. There is not much to see in Cordoba, it is a big city, quite crowded with workers and students. But it is a good base to go to a few places around which are really beautiful like Alta Gracia and to go hiking in the Sierras. I was very impressed by the landscapes in the mountains. It is quite a dry landscape and dry season too so the views get quite dramatic and desertic. I also was right on time in the region to participate one day to the Oktoberfest in Villa General Belgrano. It is the same principle as in Munich but happens in Argentina I guess.. I have never been to the one in Munich. I was with 2 german girls which made it even more fun. Somehow the only weird thing I found was to listen to german music during that day because it is not such a great music to dance compared to Argentinian or latin music! but I guess it had to be german since it was Oktoberfest!

Right now I am in San Miguel de Tucuman on my way to the North of Argentina and the region of Salta. There are not many other travellers on the road since I have left Buenos Aires so at times I do find other people but other times I don't and it feels really weird. It is the case here in San Miguel de Tucuman. My idea right now is that wherever there is no one at the hostel I will just pass through and go to the next spot. I am even thinking of going faster in my travel if it happens and get back to Buenos Aires earlier if necessary as I know there, there will be plenty of people!

It's part of travelling I guess to sometmes have to deal with being with others constantly and being sociable and at other times being by yourself. I usually don't have too much of a problem being by myself but mainly in cities where you can still be surrounded by people and go about doing your own stuff. When you wonder whether or not going for a hike because you are by yourself this becomes a bit more tricky.

Anyway I think once I finish exploring North, I will go back down and head towards Mendoza and there will or should definitely be a few other backpackers on the wine route!!!

 

 

 

About charline_thomasson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.