Existing Member?

MyItchyFeetAreBringingMeTo... My adventures in the Americas and beyond!

Captivating Buenos Aires

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 26 September 2013 | Views [840]

I have been in Buenos Aires for a week now and I am moving on later today although I somehow felt like I could have stayed much longer here. Somehow all my Argentinian friends and other foreigners had been bragging about Buenos Aires so I was keeping a certain reserve on my expectations so as not to be disappointed. But the city did kidnap my spirit... First of all it feels very comfortable because it looks very European in the city center. So for me it didn't feel much different from strolling in Paris or Lyon. Secondly Argentinians are very welcoming so the few I have met have introduced me to the city and taken me to the main places and taught me some traditions. So it felt good to not have to open a map every few minutes! and the other factors is that Argentina and Buenos Aires are very much backpackers destinations so it's easy to meet people in hostels too.

It is really weird to feel so comfortable in one place and having to leave it. It almost feels like I am now going on a whole new trip because my mind was at rest here and the need to be on the road almost got carried away. I dont know if all of this makes sense, I think I am still a little bit confused but I am finding it hard to describe it too.

In any case, to any of my Argentinian friends reading this, Buenos Aires is a great city and probably so far in my trip the best capital city I have visited, or just the best city... even if I really liked Mexico DF, or Rio De Janeiro, Buenos Aires is by far my favourite. It has the feeling of a huge urban area but with good transport and not in an oppressive way.

Today I willl travel to Escobar to meet Luciana who is a friend met at work in London for those who do not know her. It is again very nice to visit some know faces and I am very much looking forward to it!

 

 

About charline_thomasson


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.