Existing Member?

thirty dirty days in europe I'm so pumped to take this trip and I wanted a memento/journal of stories to have when I return as well as keep all of my loved ones back home updated on my traveling!

whoa!!!

FRANCE | Monday, 16 April 2007 | Views [530] | Comments [7]

we are in nice, france right now. I think the last time i had a chance to write was our last night in rome. Since then, we have been to Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre and now here! Well, Pisa was an accident. We got stuck there on our way out of Florence on our way to Cingue Terre becuase of a train strike! But the leaning tower of Pisa is definately leaning. Florence was amazing, just as great as Rome but a little smaller and quieter. We saw the David statue, pretty cool. Our hostel in Florence was very cool, there was murals all over the walls and the four of us had our own little room right next to the little garden they had in the back. Cinque Terre was unbelievable, we stayed right in a marina, heard the crashing waves each night while we slept. We did the cities 12k hike throughout all five of their towns, crazy and so hard but we laid on the beach of the last city and soaked up the rays so it was worth it. Pictures from there are unbelievable. And the hike took us about 4.5 hours up and down and up and down the mountains. I'm still sore! And now we are in nice, france! We walked to the beach this morning and laid out for a while, got some lunch and people watched....as least as we could, the beaches here are uh topless. ha. anyways, now we are here and tomorrow we leave for Barcelona, oh yeah. Its nice to have a relaxing beach day amidst all the traveling, we are loving every second of this good weather.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Great to hear you made it to France....are the French as friendly as the Greeks? ha! Spring has finally "sprung" here in Mason - can't wait to have you home in the great USA!

  mom Apr 17, 2007 2:51 AM

2

So good to hear from you guys and that you're having sunny weather. Topless beaches eh? Ooh la la! So did my little sister go European style or what? He, he! I can't wait to see pictures of all these places, especially Florence. Would love to go with D for our 10 year! So, can you babysit? Love you lots!

  Lo Apr 17, 2007 6:29 AM

3

Bec, thanks for update...enjoy your stories; I assume you got a little sun on your back side...Its' been very cold HERE so that should add some extra value to know you are having great weather THERE. Enjoy Barcelona...much love, Dad.

  Dad Apr 17, 2007 10:38 AM

4

Becca, I think an extra 30 days would be a saweeet idea. There are schools with grants that pay people like you to travl the world and write anbout your visits and the places. Think of it, travel, get paid, and have all your meals and experinces almost always comped becuase the companies and restaurants want good reviews. Then every 2 years you can hang with the kids and Lo and I will take over your job fro a month. You can blog on hanging with the kiddos and we can write reviews on cafes, attractions. The master plan emerges...

  Topless in Idaho Apr 17, 2007 11:27 AM

5

Tell that Topless in Idaho dork to learn how to spell and to stop messing with the posting board. Not cool at all. Its totally ruining it. Like really.

Where were the guys when you all were at the beach? Cause i know Blake wouldn't participate....right!?!

Quincy

  good speller topless in idaho Apr 17, 2007 11:31 AM

6

you better have gone topless on that beach or else..if you didnt i'm disappointed. but anyways..i was running today and modest mouse "lives" came on the ipod and i thought of you and when you would say those words as our toasts..so funny. i miss you sweetheart.

  jess Apr 17, 2007 12:57 PM

7

Becca,
I have loved reading all about your adventures!
Thanks so much for making me feel like I am traveling right with you!
Be safe, stay close to your friends and tell us lots more!
Love Ya
Aunt Debbie

  Debbie Rose Apr 20, 2007 11:15 AM

About chanty520


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.