Existing Member?

thirty dirty days in europe I'm so pumped to take this trip and I wanted a memento/journal of stories to have when I return as well as keep all of my loved ones back home updated on my traveling!

mi amore: roma!

ITALY | Tuesday, 10 April 2007 | Views [579] | Comments [5]

so we were supposed to take catch a train to florence today, after doing some sightseeing, but we decided to stay just one more day. Rome is amazing: the food, the people, the sights AND the place we are staying at is the best yet, so why rush we thought. Everything was pretty much closed yesterday, Monday, so we headed over to the colloseum and all the surrounding stuff. Rome is PACKED right now with tourists, so everything has been crowded. But the colloseum was pretty unbelievable. To think how many people died inside the colloseum, yikes. But the weather here has been amazing, sunny and gorgeous, perfect for walking all day like we have been. Today we got up, dropped it at a cafe for some cappuchinos and pastries and then got into what ended up being a two hour line to get into the Vatican museums, where the Sistine Chapel was. This place was overwhelming! Rooms and rooms full of statues and busts of famous works and then the Sistine Chapel, although so so crowded, was jawdropping. I took as many pictures as i could, but truly its something you just have to see in person. After that we grabbed some pizza (all we seem to be eating in italy!) and headed off to St. Peters Basilica, which is huge! Being as its our last night in this amazing hostel, we decided to eat in tonight. Blake, as we speak, is cooking up some gnocchis with fresh buffalo mozzerella and carmelized onions in the kitchen. We are going to sit out on the terrace tonight and drink italian beers and eat our yummy dinner mmmmmmmm. We are headed out to Florence tomorrow, so we will see how that compares...im sure it will be great too. Well for now, ciao!

Tags: Relaxation

Comments

1

Thanks for a little taste of Rome...sounds like so much fun and tasty too. Look forward to seeing your pics. Thanks for staying in touch, we enjoy the stories. Love Dad.

  Dad Apr 12, 2007 11:45 AM

2

just got the postcard! and we love it :) i'm glad you guys are having so much fun..cant wait to hear all about it. miss you.

  jess Apr 14, 2007 8:03 AM

3

thanks for the postcard! looks just like i thought it would - only thing better would be to see YOU in the pic!! Soon enough, i guess! love you!!

  mom Apr 15, 2007 6:39 AM

4

I Miss you Becca

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

  Fig-man Apr 15, 2007 9:11 AM

5

Can't wait till you get home so I can stop crying myself to sleep.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

  Figster Apr 15, 2007 9:13 AM

About chanty520


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.