Existing Member?

Canada Trip Life is what you make it, so make chocolate cake :)

Merry Christmas

CANADA | Friday, 25 December 2009 | Views [560] | Comments [1]

December 24th

December 24th

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
After spending today at work I am tired, was a lot busier than I expected... I didnt think there could be so many unorganized people around town... funny but there is.
I have spent the last few weeks having a good time with some new friends... they are a bad influence at times but all the same so much fun...
I went to Vancouver to spend some time with David and Marina before Christmas, which was awesome. we went out for dinner to a sweet place called the "Cactus Club" I highly recommend them if you are ever in Vancouver ;-) We went to a Christmas lights display called VanDusen, which is a botanic garden, but FULL of lights, it absolutely blew my mind away. There was a musical lights display gingerbread men display... some awesome trees and I spotted Santa out early to say hi.
I went up the hill on sunday and monday last week, Sunday I did a Blue run, which if you arent familiar with the snow terms there is 4 levels, Green, Blue, Black and Daimond... I didnt know it was a blue run till we were almost at the bottom... which was a good thing... I did spend some of the time sliding on my ass but ahaha all good... I slid down about 100m at one point... LOL I did a pretty cool Faceplant too.... kinda hurt my neck a bit but eh, kept going. I did a green run come monday, cos my neck was pretty sore from sundays effort... but I did ok... so there is progress I dont look like so much of a learner.... mind you everyone has got to learn.
I went to Squamish with one of my mates last weekend who hadnt been to Wal*Mart, which I ofcourse was a Pro at! we wandered around and got a few things... played what the assistant called "the walmart game" which is the self serve checkout... went to Wendys and got a hamburger called the "Baconator" and it is how the name suggests, full of bacon, we then realised we didnt get what we went to Walmart for, so we went back to Walmart and played the Walmart game a second time... LOL and the assistant had a real laugh at us...
This week has been so hectic its not funny, work has been so busy I dont get much of a rest, and when I do im half asleep... lol but seriously I survived Christmas, now for the Olympics to come and get BUSY again. The whole village is busier now. its cool but a bit annoying, as I cant walk around and not focus anymore.
Well the next few weeks are gonna be just as busy as the last, then before I know it, it will be Australia day *woot* and then the Olympics, and Para Olympics, Telus world Cup and well its gonna be busy... but I think now, I survived Christmas, so the rest cant be as hard. TRUST me Christmas eve was sooo soooo busy at work.
Well its bed time, work tomorrow...
Happy New Year, I hope to leave another message early in the New Year.
Chantelle xxx

Comments

1

Now where's the photo of that face plant in the snow! LOL!

Please don't break your neck Chantelle :)

You'll certainly have some stories to tell your kids about. Waaah! I wanna play the Walmart Game too.

Christmas lights look spectacular when snow is around. My favourite Christmas cards are of lighted windows at night in December.. Santa and reindeer optional.

Keep having adventures and just remember the extra dough when at work and what fun you'll have spending it.

Normal Christmas here but much cooler than usual. I suppose the blistering heat is only a week or two away though *sigh*

Luv ya xxx





  Lori Dec 28, 2009 2:29 PM

About chantelle

December 1st

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.