Existing Member?

Three Days to The Beginning

Oh S---

GERMANY | Monday, 2 June 2014 | Views [423]

When you are bombarded by news from home and it feels like the world is beginning to cave in on you the natural thing to do is run, so I ran. I quickly threw on a pair of tennis shoes and yoga shorts, grabbed a flashlight and headed out the door at ten o'clock at night. Ran past my neighbors darkened windows and through the fields of Rapeseed. Further and further down the ragged and rocky trail. Then finally I collapsed. I couldn't breathe. I just sat and wept for maybe five minutes. Then I heard the noise. The rustling. I glanced out of my peripherals and saw the shadow. It slinked around from one tree to the next. It's glowing eyes fixed on me. I stood and when I did so it moved closer. I could see very clearly now that the creature stalking me was a fox. It advanced so I ran, sprinted actually, back to my door and inside the building. At that point so much adrenaline had built up that I ran up every stair to my third floor apartment too. When I finally got into my apartment and locked the door I just collapsed on the floor laughing. It may have felt like the world was halting on its axis to me, but that feeling doesn't stop it from actually spinning. That feeling doesn't stop life from going on, for any creature, and in that moment, that was the most comforting thing I could know.

Tags: countryside, farm, fox, germany, night, run, spinning

About chancefear


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.