Existing Member?

The Senses of Travel

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [358] | Scholarship Entry

My name is Charysse Harper and I am currently working as a Social Media Manager.

I was inspired to make “Happiness is Simple”, because I am part of Couch Surfing and the whole mentality is so unique. The community is all about personal interaction – something that we take for granted in this high-tech era.


Documentary filmmaking is my passion. I studied cinema and journalism at my university. Since graduation, I have been doing small pieces here and there, though I recently completed my first feature-length documentary about Carnival’s socioeconomic impact in Trinidad & Tobago (“The Other Side of Carnival”). I have started my production company (Xplore the World) with the hopes of gaining funding to do a project on full-body scanners in the airports. Recently, I shot a 3-minute documentary about Carnival-style aerobics in Brooklyn.

First and foremost, winning this scholarship will open new doors to countless opportunities. After all, I would have worked with National Geographic! In addition, it will give me the chance to explore another culture in a new continent and broadcast my experience and findings to people who are either too afraid or cannot be bothered to travel.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About chachagal


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.