Existing Member?

The Road Less Traveled By Serving to systematically document my travels on my journey to self-disovery. In reality, thoughts, musing, and experiences as I attempt to travel to as many worldly destinations as possible.

Day 32: Kenya vs. Egypt

KENYA | Monday, 18 March 2013 | Views [275]

I have already been in Kenya for a month – it’s crazy! It feels like I have been here forever, while it simultaneously seems as if I arrived just last week. Today was Alex and Ashlyn’s last full day with us. I will be so sad when they are gone; the four of us have gotten so close in the last few weeks. That’s how it works here, though, since everyone comes and goes in their own time. It just really makes you value the limited time that you have with people.

We went into Nairobi today to see another football game. Our friends from the last game advised us that this one was going to be much bigger, and that it was! It was against a club team from Egypt, so there was a section of Egyptian fans. They were even crazier than the Kenyans! At one point, they lit flares and had orange smoke grenades! We had sat between the Egyptian and the Tusker (the Kenyan team) sections, and so we were able to experience everything. It was a crazy game!

Afterwards, Kelsey and I met up with some friends from the volunteer house in Nairobi, who had also been at the game. We went to this fantastic Ethiopian restaurant. We ordered two mixed plates, which gave us a little bit of everything. The “plate” was also edible. It was a sort of spongy white bread that you used to scoop up the goodies on top. I’m not entirely sure what it was, but it was rather strange. It was so good to see my friends from Nairobi again, as well as meet some new volunteers! Afterwards, Kels and I ventured home in the dark. We felt pretty good about our success!

About cfleisch10


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.