Existing Member?

One Authentic Life

The Coffee List

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [242] | Scholarship Entry

I am passionate about people, cultures, film and travel. As a South African I have been raised to be culturally diverse, and can appreciate and easily connect with other cultures. I have learnt that diversity and compromise is needed when travelling. I am an aspiring documentary filmmaker. I studied as a performing artist but the character I most prefer playing is myself as the teller of other people’s stories. I produced and presented an online series, see here https://vimeo.com/80055883.

I am outgoing and vivacious, yet gentle and kind. I enjoy both the production and presentation aspects of documentary filmmaking, and I thrive in environments that require attention to detail, out of the box thinking and creative approaches. 

Not only am I excited to experience the culture of Columbia, I am also eager to enjoy Columbian coffee. Columbia produces some of the world best coffee. I am very passionate about the coffee industry which is what inspired me to travel to the UK to Kaffeine to interview Peter. I’m excited at the possibility of meeting the communities of Columbia, hearing their stories and sharing in their lives. I absolutely love travel, Im in an exciting season of my life where I am able to quickly pack up my bags and embark on a film adventure. Brian Rapsy’s mentoring will be an invaluable experience, as I want to become a full-time documentary filmmaker, and the extra knowledge and skill I will gain from someone of his calibre will be priceless in my development.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About cayly

Hello world!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.