Existing Member?

Thailand is rocking my socks off!

Ariving in thailand

THAILAND | Wednesday, 23 January 2008 | Views [423]

Hey everyone I arrived to Chiang Rai on Tuesday at 2:00 pm (12:00 am your time). 
 
All of my flights were on time and I made all of them, barely.  I had 25 minutes, to sprint through the 86 degree Bangkok ariport in my sweat pants and sweat shirt, to go through customs and get my boarding pass.  I caught the last bus that would then take me to my 1.5 hour flight to Chiang Rai.  I think I did the most praying I've ever done in my like in the 2 days it took me to get here.  When i arrived they lost my luggage so I didn't end up getting it until the next day.
 
The dts program doesn't start util friday morning, thursday evening your time.  So, so far I've been hanging out with all of the other dts students.  I will have 4 other room mates, 5 including myself.  There will be a total of about 17 students, 12 girls 3 guys and 1 married couple.  The ages go from 17-47.  I really like my saff, they are so friendly along with all of the students. 
 
So far sence i've been here I haven't really done much.  I've settled into my room and gotten to know the staff and students. I've also gone to the Big C (it is like a walmart, or a small mall) to get some more supplies that will be needed.  Tonight a group of us are going to check out the night market. It should be fun.
 
so far everything is going well.  When I first go here I was definitely feeling homesick, but I'm doing much better today!  I figure it will come off and on.  
  
Please continue praying for me!
 
God Bless, Cassandra

Tags: Relaxation

About catchfire07


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.