Existing Member?

FairyTale

Cata's Video Jurnal in Barcelona

ROMANIA | Wednesday, 25 September 2013 | Views [696]

The economic crisis has hit Europe powerfully. Barcelona is a special case, not because they weren't hit by the crisis but for the solutions they found. Here they found a way of dealing with these problems that I didn't see in my country. The example I'm showing of the Art Factory is interesting because it brings into discussion restoration of existing buildings (in this case a very beautiful old example) as a way of recycling architecture. In Spain this is a very important solution as there are many new residential buildings that nobody is using. Then it talks about creating places where artists and people interested in art and culture can come together to create. Artists in the world today are not easily accepted, if they are not famous, and finding a place where they can express themselfs is not easy. For this reason the Art Factory is important.

 

My filmmaking experience is short. I was educated as an architect but as I'm more interested in filmmaking I'm trying to educate myself in this direction. I've worked on a short movie before as a set designer and I loved the energy that the making of a film creates. It made me addicted in a way. I had the same thing happened to me in the 5th grade when acting in a play made me addicted to theater. I started working as a volunteer in social theater when I was studying in University.

 

I'm interested in the scholaship for a couple of reasons. I've never been in New Orleans and I'm really interested to visit the city. I'm interested in getting all the lessons about filmmaking that I can. The opportunity to make a short about New Orleans would be a great asset to my work for the future and it will give me the opportunity to be seen by a larger audience. I want my future to be in filmaking and I believe that getting this scholarship would be a turning point in my career.

Tags: architecture, art, culture, factories, museum

About catalinaeugeniamatei


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Romania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.