Existing Member?

California USA, Mexico, Guatemala & Belize This is my journal for my next trip from 17 March 2008 starting in LA, San Francisco, San Diego then down into Mexico. Will now be going to parts of Guatemala and Belize.

Coban

GUATEMALA | Tuesday, 20 May 2008 | Views [646]

Coban is a pretty little city with the cathedral and plaza in the centre (the Spanish liked to do this!!). Today I went on a tour and visited a place called Chimpey which is a group of beautiful lagoons surrounded by rainforest. We did a long walk up to the viewing area and then walked down for a much deserved swim as it was so hot!!! These lagoons are absolutely beautiful. It took about 2 hours to drive there and for about an hour of that was just along windy dirt track. We then visited Lanqin Caves which are near the village of Lanqin and are also beautiful. Guatemala has such beautiful countryside and it very mountainous and the people are so friendly. When you drive along these roads you often have to turn very sharp corners where the driver is required to beep to tell other drivers coming the other way that they are there!! Most people here speak 2 languages - Spanish and Maya (their native language).

About carolwil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.