Existing Member?

Solo South American Adventure!

It begins...

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 29 August 2013 | Views [262]

As a solo female travelling South America, this trip seems radical. I like that. I suppose that's a major part of why its happening in the first place. I've been very inspired by reading other female solo travellers journals, so here goes! 

4:00am: Night before I leave for a solo trip to South America. Feelings/behaviours???? Combination of things: envisaging my escapes tactics if I'm being kidnapped (blood curdling scream combine with a sudden kick to the shins - someone told me to pretend to start vomiting to freak them out, but that will probably happen involuntarily anyway) very smoothly and confidently executed whilst managing my personal belongings; compulsive checking of 15 different lists I have on the go, all of which keep getting longer the more I get done; a sudden increase in awe and appreciation of my loved ones; sleep deprivation; craving foods from home (hmmmm...I haven't..yeh); and great anticipation of the unknown...Ooooo an adventure!!!!!!! 

Two elements of my trip: teach and travel, both of which are very exciting. Bit of backfill: Obviously a teacher and recently competed a Tefl course, hence,  the idea came to be in the first place. Initial thoughts were Vietnam...then saw the pink cheeks of the Peruvian kids and I was hooked. Plus: Machu Picchu...How I can't wait to meet you! I'm also very interested in finding out just how much I can challenge myself. I've always been interested in other people that challenge themselves; love reading all about them, so why not me?! 

This writing thing seems therapeutic.  

About carolinelawrence


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.