Existing Member?

Captain Kitty's Insatiable Wunderlust I have been suffering from Wunderlust since 1998. This disease is non-curable, and I will die from it. The only treatment is a psychiological temporary displacement, and as the disease increases in strength my displacement must become stronger as well. Destinations keep getting further and further, longer and longer. If I don't treat it, I will fall into a chemical depression and put myself at risk from malnutrition, fatigue, anxiety attacks, and clinical depression. This blog will be my records living life with Wunderlust.

Brief Overview in The NW of Italy

ITALY | Sunday, 26 November 2006 | Views [1631]

Going for dinner in Bonassola @ Malvina's

Going for dinner in Bonassola @ Malvina's

Quoted from my blog

Italy - Sept 19th 2006

Holy cow, talk about the best day in my whole entire life. I still agree with myself, Cinque Terre is the most beautiful place on earth!

I had a few bottles of wine the night before my flight, Sara the psysicist and I got into a heated debate about dark matter and dark energy that i can only recall a small flurry of. The next morning (well, 4 hours later) I was up and getting ready for my flight to Genova.
I pretty much passed out the whole way, and in spite of my run down condition I was grinning from ear to ear as I stepped off the plane into the heat!
I think I landed in Heaven.

Riccardo was at the airport to pick me up, and off toBonassolla. The roads were winding and my stomach was aching! I still couldnt helpt but taking in the view, GOD it was gorgeous.

Anyhow, after arriving in Bonassolla (fucking amazing) Riccardo and I settled on the beach for a tan.
There has been a few things going on but I am already bored of typing...

  • Eating at Ricky's Mamas ristorante
  • going out on a boat and snorkling
  • getting knocked over by vicious waves
  • not having hot water to shower
  • squeezing into the tiny tub
  • visiting Riomaggiore for a real trip back in time
  • taking the train (il Treno)
  • dressing up to the nines and wearing the ugliest wig, AND fooling everyone!
  • pretending not to speak Italian when there is an "arrapato" about!
  • Speaking Italian and amazing everyone
  • eating Mozzarella that tastes like my brothers whipping cream dessert
  • Upgrading to a suite with so many goodies to take home like toothpaste and glasses cleaner
  • feeding a dog bread
  • seeing an enormous jellyfish!
  • waking up to Riccardo standing over me with my wig on
  • watching Italian TV and understanding some of it!
  • window shopping
  • REAL cappuccino!
  • seeing a tv star about the streets of Genova
  • taking lots of pictures!

Ok all, I really gotta run now!

A PRESTO!

Love U Annie! Call me soon!

Tags: Adventures

About captainkitty


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.