Existing Member?

Eat. Drink. Love. Dream. Discover "For tomorrow may rain so I will follow the sun"

Dunedin-Sept 14, 2012

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 14 September 2012 | Views [454] | Comments [1]

TGIF!!!! The sun wasn't shining today but it wasn't cold either so I have no complaints for the day.  I went on my first hike today.  Gareth's uncle Chris works in a home looking after people who have brain injuries and he stopped in to the house and asked if I wanted to go for a hike with some of the patients.  Of course I jumped right on that offer!! I grabbed my hiking boots, my camera and my jacket and off we went! The hike up to "Lovers leap" only took about 45 mins but let me tell you.....I.THOUGHT.I.WAS.GOING.TO.DIE!!! Boy, if I ever thought that I wasn't out of shape, this was a huge reality slap in the face. BUT even though I lagged behind, I still did it!! and the view was worth it! Yes, I may have been out of breath because the hike kicked my ass, but witnessing the beauties of this country also took my breath away.  Absolutely Amazing! I have only been here for a week and I cant wait to see what else this country has to offer me :)

Tonight will be my first night out in Dunedin for a few beers. Let's see if the nightlife here can match that to Boston. 

Tags: hiking, trekking

Comments

1

Hey CapeCodKiwi, aka Sarah!

Thanks for your comment on my first blog post. Looks like you're having a fab time in NZ. My sister studied abroad in Christchurch for six months and I was able to go down there for 3 weeks. AMAZING place to say the least.

As far as my trip is concerned I am going East, starting off in Europe->Middle East->SE Asia->Oz/NZ/South Pacific. I facebook friended you so we can better keep in touch. Maybe we can meet up somewhere!?

Joe

  co423cu Sep 19, 2012 11:01 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.