Existing Member?

safari

from safari to Mombasa

KENYA | Tuesday, 30 July 2013 | Views [225]

Jambo!!

Hope you are all well...thinking of you all and talking about you all the time! 

We arrived safely in Mombasa and as you can imagine it is truly beautiful. Just had breakfast and are able to use the computer for half an hour.  So, a quick review of our last few days of Safari....

Beautiful location in second lodge where we went for a boat ride on a lake to see hippos...had to be escorted to dinner in the dark as hippos right outside the lodge...and a giraffe was grazing right outside our room..yes, of course, I cried!!

Then we moved on to Masai Mara....amazing images of different lives. On safari we saw a pride of lions with 6 cubs of about 10 months old.  We got up really close for some fab photos. Altogether we have managed to see the big 5, plus much much much more - incredible and breathtaking.  Each place that we have stayed, there has been wildlife all around - many different monkeys on the roof, balcony and walking by.

So, here we are in Mombasa. Beautifully set amongst coconut, mango and cashew trees, not to mention the white sand! Going for a free taster of scoober diving in the pool tomorrow!  Arrived late and travelled all day so we are glad to relax now..about to go and get on the bikinis and go for a dip! Mandy said she is heading straight for the pool bar, where the bar stools are in the water!!!!

As we haven't got wifi, it is doubtful that we will come and write more on the blog, but you will know when we arrive back! CRY! We look forward to sharing our million photos with you! Cannot link the camera to computer so sorry there are no snapshots for now!

Had the most amazing experience and Africa is in our hearts. See you all soon.

Kwaheri xx

 

About candycidds


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.