Existing Member?

Shabadoo and wifelette down under

Almost ready

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [554] | Comments [1]

We've finished the packing! Well, almost. There's a few last minute things that always keep popping up but the bulk of it is done. I've had loads of fun playing with the vacuum air bags, probably a little too much fun and not enough packing actually. The air bags are for the clothes we're leaving behind (quite a lot, as we won't be needing any jerseys, coats, gloves, you know all that WARM stuff, heh heh heh), and so we've been busy stuffing all the WARM clothes into these bags and then sucking all the air out. It's great fun, they shrinkwrap in seconds, all of a sudden your big pile of lumpy clothes, is now a small pile of, er, lumpy clothes. I haven't figured out how to make them nice and flat yet.

We fly out this evening on a BA flight to Jhb or Oliver Tambo airport as it is now called; One day I'm going to arrive home and find they've renamed my family too while I wasn't looking! As Dad is laid up with his leg and Andrew is working we're being picked up by a shuttle bus service so for the first time ever I'll be one of these people who'll have a person waiting for them with a name card. Pity he or she won't be waiting with a limo too. And then it will be a joyous family reunion plus lots of swimming in the pool, lots of taking dogs for walks (two mad border collies) and lots of doing not very much. I'm quite good at that. We stay for two weeks and then we fly out on Feb 29. And if anybody proposes to their soul mates on that leap date make sure you arrange the wedding for when we get back (Feb 2009), we're already missing one wedding this year and we're not impressed they didn't rearrange.

Thanks to everybody for their good wishes. We're going to miss you all but imagine the party we're going to have when we get back!

Love Cat

PS Our lovely hats (see pic gallery) were made for us by the lovely Steph (an Ozzie, naturally) and they're going with us on our trip, so expect to see them pop up everywhere

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

Glad your not whinging as much as your husband, can we swap and you be my daughter instead of him my son? Oh! Well I guess he learn't it from me so I'll have to live with it! Sorry I didn't get to call you both the day before you left, I felt really sad when I realised it was too late to call, gonna miss you both very much (even though it's still a phone call or an e-mail to stay in touch) Hope your family are well, I'm sure you will have a great time hanging out with them. Got really confused with the Dad with bad leg and Andrew working, families that have the same names should be banned! Yes I have a bad leg and Andrews in England, so it's too far for him to come to pick you up, anyway, your nearly a year early!

Take care
Love Dave

  Dave Feb 25, 2008 2:29 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.