Existing Member?

Cam & Tan´s Adventures

A chilly 6 hours in Chile

CHILE | Monday, 26 June 2006 | Views [460]

We´re here!! After 3 flights, 2 days and more bad food than you can throw at a Swedish muppet chef, we finally landed in a foggy and chilly Chile. (i wonder how many times that pun has been used...) We were pretty exhausted after the bumpy flight and terrible movies, but were happy to be in a new continent after so much time planning and waiting. We arrived early afternoon and a day late, so only had one evening to sample what Chile had to offer. A short time even by our usual standards, but at least it wasn´t our fault this time. While i´d love to say we spent a lovely 6 hours traipsing through the beautiful Chilean streets browsing avant garde boutiques, exploring modern art museums and sampling the wonders of another culture, the reality was a little different. Being so bushed, we crashed on the incredibly comfy hotel bed and passed out. Probably more in relief than anything else.

We didn´t rest too long and managed to drag ourselves out of the hotel and went for a brief walk around the nieghbourhood looking for a place to eat. (the one we wanted to go to in the LP guide was closed... damn). We ended up in a very Lygon-street-esque area, in a schizophrenic restaurant that served a dish from just about every county on earth. I had the fajitas (hard rock cafe style) and Tan had some salmon. We ate half, then went back to the hotel and passed out again... Jeexz what an exiting bunch.

Driving through the streets of Chile to and from the airport didn´t exactly show off everything the city had to offer, but what we did see prompted us to return one day at least and spend more than 6 hours here (and preferably awake). You could see the mountains capped with snow in the background of the city, there were brochures to all sorts of wineries in the region and Valpariaso looks like it would be cool in summer, so there seems to be a lot more to do than first anticpated. ´Seeming´ is about all we got around to this trip but we´ll be back....

Tags: On the Road

About cambo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.