Existing Member?

Cam & Tan´s Adventures

Fog is a four letter word...

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 24 June 2006 | Views [531]

Most of our trips have been blessed with good fortune and auspicious starts. However the Sydney fog got the better of us this time, delaying all flights into the airport for 3 hours. After sitting on the tarmac for an hour in melbourne, then another leisurely 2 hours cirlcing Sydney at 5000 feet, we managed to land just in time to see our Lan Chile plane take off down the runway without us. Great feeling. Somewhat surprisingly perhaps, the Qantas staff were actually quite helpful; organising another flight via Auckland the next day and giving gave us a free room at the 6 star IBIS hotel (sic) just near the airport for the night with a minimum of fuss. With that organised, we treked into Sydney and caught up with my brother, Tan´s sister at her new pad, and then later good friends of ours for dinner. It wasn´t Sth America but hey we were on holidays!

The next morning, we were up early and mentally willing the skies to stay clear. They did, and we flew hassle free to Auckland. Once there, we were apprehensive about actually connecting with the Lan Chile flight, and the clueless Air New Zealand staff handing out the boarding passes didn~t exactly calm the nerves. We were first inline however after an energetic sprint down the terminal and managed to secure seats, while 18 others who also missed the flight the day before, but weren´t as quick on their feet, didn´t. I hope they enjoyed their night in Auckland...

We were on our way.... Sth America and the Samba here we come...

Tags: Airports

About cambo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.