Existing Member?

Around the World

Beijing

CHINA | Saturday, 6 October 2007 | Views [505] | Comments [2]

Beijing is loud, confusing and busy, and today very wet. We arrived last night and had a delicious Chinese food dinner of Peking duck and other specialties. Today we explored the Forbidden City in a little downpour. The temples were really big and impressive. We were excited to hear the listening guide narrated by Roger Moore (former 007), but they have a new one now. We couldn't see the body of Mao because it was closed for the day, but we went instead to see the Temple of Heaven, 3 beautiful buildings in a huge park. Tonight is the official last night of my tour so everyone is going out for dinner and drinks, including some guys we met on the train. It should be a lot of fun. I have three more days here including an exciting trip to the Great Wall.

Tags: Culture

Comments

1

We are enjoying your trip. Do you have your itinerary posted?
Travel on,
Carol and the gang

  Carol Oct 7, 2007 2:15 AM

2

Ni Hao! Lizzie!!!

China! Just in time for the special Olympics! They opened on October 5!!! Our illustrious Governator was there with his wife! I saw parts of the ceremony!

Anyway, all is well here! Thanks for your info!

Take care!

Dave

  Dave Oct 7, 2007 5:01 AM

About busyliz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.