Existing Member?

Around the World

Thailand

THAILAND | Sunday, 14 October 2007 | Views [517]

Hi all,

I have only spent a few days in Bangkok so far, but it is a lot of fun and very colorful and busy. I stayed in the infamous Khao San Road where hundreds of travelers stay. The street has dozens of travel agents, food stalls, bars, restaurant and shopping. The taxi drivers and tuk tuk motorcycle taxis hound you constantly to go with them. Most are nice although they try to take you gem shopping or to a tailor and we met two girls yesterday who had their bags stolen by a taxi driver. I went to the Grand Palace and Wat Po, the huge gold reclining Buddha with mother of pearl feet. The national museum was very well done with history of all the kings. His picture is all over the city. The food is good and really cheap..less than a dollar for Pad Thai on the street. I met some nice American guys from Chicago. One went to Harvad and works in Dubai so he was telling me all about living there. The excitement of the nights was two poor Irish guys who fell through a sliding glass door, got cut up and went to the hospital for stitches but were still out drinking and dripping blood. The pictures are a little slow to upload here but I'll put them up soon.

Tags: Sightseeing

About busyliz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.