Existing Member?

Burrellian's Travels Life is just so good, once you decide to start living it !!!

Belgium - Brussels

BELGIUM | Saturday, 15 December 2007 | Views [834] | Comments [3]

Waterloo - Trivia: the lion on top, was forged from the discarded canons from the battle.

Waterloo - Trivia: the lion on top, was forged from the discarded canons from the battle.

Day 1 - Arrived by train from Amsterdam around 2.00pm, walked around a little, before finding a Hotel for the night, pretty cold here. Ventured out for a walk around after dinner & stumbled, once again, onto festivities in full swing. The light show set to opera & rock classics was very cool, got some video for Steve, he likes thqt kind of thing ;-)

I've organised a personal city tour with a guy I met at the first Marillion show, that I've been in touch with since, sharing photos etc.

Day 2 - Kris picked me up from my hotel around 10.30 & we headed out of city into the countryside around Brussels. First stopm the site of Napoleons final battle, thats right..... "my my # # at Waterloo Napoleon did surrender, Oh Yeah # #...." ok enough of that.... but yep, thats where I was today, I felt so dumb, didn't even know it was in Belgium.

Anyway, amazing place, so much history my head hurts, 23,000 British troops with 44,000 allied troops and 160 guns against 74,000 French troops and 250 guns & yet the short dude still lost !

Kris then took me driving around Brussls taking heaps of photos & giving me a bit of history & the purpose for each building we visited. The Atomium was definatly a hightlight, had a really strange feeling of de sha vou here..... Kris was an excellent guide & of course the car stereo played Marillion all day :-)

Day 3 - Slow to rise this morning, decided last night to head to London today, so.... pack is packed again & off I go....

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

hi andrew,

i have loved following you around europe and cant wait till you take us to paris with you. i have just down loaded a whole heap of marillion and am sitting listening to it now. I understand the appeal, sugar mice is lovely. take care, lynley xo

  lynley andrews Dec 15, 2007 7:23 PM

2

Great pictures from Amsterdam, nice blue sky behind the impressive buildings. Catch up with you again tomorrow.
Love Mum and Dad.

  Mum and Dad Dec 15, 2007 9:36 PM

3

Certainly a "beautiful day in Brussels". Yes, you have been to the Atomium before, climbing the stairs and escalators between the spheres. The structure is now bright and shiney and amazing, because it is quite old now.
Love Mum and Dad.

  Mum and Dad Dec 16, 2007 9:30 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.