Existing Member?

B on the move...

¿como estas?

NICARAGUA | Monday, 28 July 2008 | Views [611]

ok, so i really suck at keeping this thing updated...so here going a brief run down of what´s been going on with me...

panama was awesome...after i left panama city i was back into my element...i can only take so much of a big city before i got to get out...san blas was amazing, straight out of a magazine...it was almost surreal...almost like it was fake and i was somewhere lost in disney world or something...afterwards, i went to bocas del toro...also an amazing place but in different aspects...i went diving there, the viss was not too great because it´s the rainy season and there are a couple of river mouths there...but i did sea the biggest puffer, balloon fish i have ever seen, it must have been about 1.5-2 feet in lengh...the place is wild and a huge backpacker party hub...every night is a weekend night there and thank god i didn´t visit that place when i was 18 years old or i wouldn´t be worth anything...

after i left boccas, i went back to tres piedras a couple of weekends ago...they had a rodeo and all weekend party to raise money to do some road work in the community...i had a fricking blast being back there...i knew more spanish so it was soo much cooler hanging out with everyone again...i was suppose to ride a bull at the rodeo, mary had it set up and everything, but there was a miscommunication and the guys running the thing didn´t let me...it was hard to find out what was going on when i couldn´t really speak the language...reguardless, i had a blast...there was another group from new york at tfi...most of them hung out with each other at tfi instead of with the community during the party...lame-o´s...

it was sooo hard to leave there again...i really just wanted to stay and live there for...ummm ever....but i figured i got other stuff to see...so, i skipped the rest of costa rica cause it´s too expensive, too touristy, and too many gringos...and went straight to nicaragua...i went to the isle de ometepe which is an island made of two volcanos in the middle of lake nicaragua...almost something out of a fairytail...it was a pretty cool island and i climbed one of the volcanos, which kicked my butt...but it was cool cause i hired a cheap local guide who didn´t speak english to take me up there...so i got to practice my spanish all day...i also met a really interesting character from the states that owned a resturant there...he had some really good insights about tourism and some of the stuff i´m thinking of looking into with my career...he actually grew up in mrytle beach when beach music was big so he was all about the shagging music...

after i left the island i spent the last few days in granada....which is a really pretty colonal town...the oldest city in central america if i´m not mistaken...i could spend a lot more time there...anyways, i left there today and i am in esteli now...i am starting two weeks of spanish lessons tomarrow and living with a local family...i have decided to just spend the rest of my time here in nicaragua and save the rest of central america for another time soo i can really work on my spanish and see more of nicaragua...besides delta would not change my departure city so i have to go back to san jose in costa rica and i dont want to waste a lot of time on buses just to briefly see some other countries...not my style....

About bthall


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.