Existing Member?

UK working holiday

Two weeks in Reading

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 14 April 2012 | Views [277]

After 2 weeks in Reading I have learnt a few things:

1. The health system is much better organised in Australia

2. The class system over here extends to the hospital system (nurses have their own set of notes to write in, weird)

3. Medical ward patients are just as annoying here as they are in Australia.

Overall I have enjoyed my 2 weeks working at the Royal Berkshire Hospital. Just a shame that I had to see patients! The Physio department here are lovely and looked after me very well.

Over Easter weekend Stace and I went to Bath to see the Roman Baths with a couple of Stacey's friends, Brook and Amy. Amy booked us at a B and B for the Friday night however when we got there the owners had written us down for the wrong night! And they turned out to be the most unhelpful people around, not helping us at all. Though we called most places, every room in Bath was full that night so we headed back to London. The Roman Baths were very cool to see though.

The weekend was filled with more tourist-y things including Portobello RD markets and shopping in Notting Hill. Didn't see Hugh Grant though.

Sunday involved a trip to a couple of Aussie & Kiwi pubs (Church and Walkabout). Whilst we met a New Zealander we did not meet any other Australians.

No more work for me at this stage. What a shame I will just have to bum around London. I think I'll go to the museums. They have free entry! Wahoo!

Laters!

 

About bryleeg


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.