Existing Member?

Around the World in ___ Years

South America Here I Come!

USA | Friday, 15 February 2013 | Views [317] | Comments [2]

I want my life to be the proof of your love

                A couple weeks ago when I told my friend I was going to Brazil for volunteer work they said, “Bri, you are just the best. If I had all my friends on a tier for how nice they are you would be on the top” I think anyone would love that comment but to tell you the truth I don’t deserve that comment at all. I have tried my best to be a nice and caring friend and do whatever I can for anyone I know but when it comes down to it, it is not good enough. I am missing a very key element, which is love. What about all the people out there that I don’t know and criticize or make assumption about or the people that I get mad at and show no compassion towards.  If I was being honest I think I have more of those occurrences then I do being nice to people. Scripture says “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with action and truth.”  This trip to Brazil is going to be an opportunity to help people in need as well as give me a chance to really dive in to what it means to be a Christian and love from the inside out. I need to be faithful, available, servant-hearted and teachable and I know this is something that I will have to work on for the rest of my life but I know it will be worth it. I want this journal to show you how God is using me to make Brazil and this world a better place. I am excited and nervous and will miss you all. I hope this journal will show you who I really am and encourage everyone to take a look around and realize all this world really needs is love and we are going to go far! J See you all in May!

Comments

1

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about your travels. Keep writing your feelings and know that I will be thinking of you. Pictures are always a plus too ;). xo Micky

  Micky Feb 16, 2013 4:38 AM

2

Bri, you are on the journey of a life time! It may be nerve racking but go down there and have a blast and come back knowing you have no regrets! Let us know when you have arrived safely and I will pray for you daily!

Love ya! -Kaitlin

  Kaitlin Feb 16, 2013 6:26 AM

About brismalls


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.