Existing Member?

No Mas

Saturday, 11/25/2006

USA | Sunday, 26 November 2006 | Views [582] | Comments [2]

Soooo we've made the decision to leave for San Carlos MX on or about January 1st. We think beginning a trip on the first day of the New Year is auspicious.

In order to bring some order to the packing process, we bought two 6'0 plastic folding banquet tables which we've put in the Master Bedroom; one is for staging food and kitchen-related items and the other is for clothes. Rich made shelves that go on top of the tables out of miscellaneous shelf stock he had. I am a visual person: I like to collect what needs to be packed and go with us and see it all in one place prior to packing just before we leave. If stuff is packed, I am always worrying and wondering if I've packed, whatever, because I can't physically see, whatever.

Unfortunately, the best-laid plans of women, and men, are aft gang alee. Not only have we had Thanksgiving to deal with (and a very nice one it was), Rich has been down with a vicious cold for the past couple weeks so our packing and preparation have been delayed somewhat.

Hmmm, I seem to have somehow gotten ahead of myself. Perhaps I should tell you that we have a Compac 23 sailboat which is on a dual-axle trailer which we are towing with our E-350 diesel van down to San Carlos MX; we refer to No Mas as our floating condo. Choosing a location for a second home has always been virtually impossible for us because we've loved almost everywhere we've ever been (not to mention the obvious - the expense of a second home)thus we thought because we love the ocean as much as we do, we'd buy a sailboat and, voila, a second home that we can trailer wherever we've a yen to go.

You've come in at the beginning of our odyssey: This is our first extended trip with/on No Mas. We'll try to keep you abreast of all the details - the Good, the Bad and the Downright Ugly.

As the major news channels say, "Stay with us for this developing story."

'Til then,

Follow Your Bliss~

Sara, Rich & Chica

Tags: Packing & gadgets

Comments

1

We will certainly miss you. Can you leave any earlier & stay longer?

  Mr. Kent Nordenberg Dec 16, 2006 8:22 AM

2

I'm packing as I write...to join you on this wonderful adventure....wait...I have commitments in MN...darn I can't come. I'm glad you told me about this blog and I will faithfully watch it between all the postcards you send me! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....Mary

  Mary B from MN Dec 16, 2006 1:48 PM

About brightwork


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.