Existing Member?

Sun is Shining...

Yosemite, Donner Summit, Lover's Leap and a Broken Ankle

USA | Sunday, 19 August 2007 | Views [2213]

Camille moving through the crux on the

Camille moving through the crux on the "West Face" of Medlicott Dome

The last few weeks have been amazingly fun – we have climbed three ultra-classic moderate climbs in the High Sierra (the North Ridge of Mt. Conness; the Northwest Buttress of Tenaya Peak; and the South to North traverse of Matthes Crest), we’ve done some crack climbing and knobby face climbing on the domes of Tuolumne Meadows, we did a day trip to Lover’s Leap to climb “Bear’s Reach” and “East Crack,” and have been enjoying our local Tahoe crags: Donner Summit, Big Chief, and Twin Crags.

 

So, it’s really hard to complain BUT, I took a lead fall on Molar Concentration at Donner Summit and broke my right ankle…it’s a clean break and should totally heal in approximately six weeks, but it’s still a bit of a bummer.  I top-roped the 10b crack a couple days before and cruised the climb.  Unfortunately, I messed up the hand sequence while on lead – the result of which is my broken, swollen ankle.

 

Camille has been helping me with all the little things that we take for granted when we’re healthy, and I guess the next month and a half will be spent reading novels, reading climbing guide books, and picking routes to climb when I’m healthy. 

 

We saw Hot Buttered Rum last night at the Truckee Regional Park which was a blast and we’re planning on catching Peter Rowan next Saturday night there as well…it’s a great little amphitheatre about fifteen minutes from our house.

 

Other than that, we’re both continuing our job search and trying our best to find jobs that will allow us to stay in the Tahoe Basin.

 

Much love to everyone, Brian and Camille         

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.