Existing Member?

New Terrain

Week 3

NORWAY | Sunday, 4 October 2015 | Views [388]

Oct 4nd, 2015

Week 3, Creative week

 

Well our first creative week here at YWAM I’d say was a great success, we spent tons of time on our cameras, learning many new kinds of tricks and techniques. I got to experience a portrait session and got a chance to shoot some myself. While learning all these new techniques with our camera, we were also quite emerged in different kinds of worship. Just on Friday we had a night of evangelism and healing, and many people were healed right before our eyes. Sickness was cured, aches and pains lost and even an allergy to pineapples was fixed. It really is just incredible what God can do when you give him the opportunity to help.

 

Hiking is Alesund has been just incredible again. On Monday we climbed up and old abandoned ski hill to catch an incredible view of Alesund. As we got to the top our track leader Wes told us about how you can go further and see the back side of the fjords, so of course we decided we wanted to hit up that section as soon as we could. Saturday was the next day where it wasn’t raining so we took the chance and matched up to the top… Man what an incredible view and just perfect lighting! It was almost as if the mountains were glowing and the sky was dancing with the clouds. Some of my favorite shots were taken this day and I’m super stoked to go out and take many more like this.

After the hike on Saturday we came home to get ready for the multi person birthday bash we were setting up, and Caleb and I were in charge of cake. The party was actually quite sweet, we had a large dance party with a DJ, lights and desserts. Felt almost like a Christian night club!

Once the party came to a close relaxed, had some fake tattoos drawn and watched the new Disney movie, Inside Out, which was yet again another great movie. Unfortunately because of that movie, I managed to fall asleep after 2am…. Again. Many, many late nights here, but it’s all been very worth it!

About brandonborn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Norway

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.