Existing Member?

Parrish Family Holiday

Day 16 Last Day of 2010 in Paris

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 1 January 2011 | Views [451]

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM PARI....

Evie's Entry....

Last day of 2010 was spent at the louve. We saw the Mona Lisa and didnt get many good photos because as soon as we were in front of the queue we were sent out after like 5 secs. Molly and I saw a painting that had Jesus in it with about fifty arrows sticking into him and blood everywhere. That was my favourite picture. Later on after about 1000 pictures we saw Dumb Dumb Give Me Gum Gum from Night At The Museum I and II.  Now we will move on to Molly's entry...

Molly's Entry....

Well start from this morning.  i woke up - I had croc choco for breakfast without any milk. Then I got dressed and put my ski jacket on , ear muffs and beret. Then I opened the lift and went out and walked to the Louve and I saw the famous picture of Mona Lisa. I got so excited I nearly blew my head off. I saw cupid that Nanny said was her favourite. I wondered why Nanny's pictures weren't here. I found a special spot for the one of nanny and poppy that Nanny painted. We then came home and skyped everyone for Aust new year. They all went to bed and we went off to the Champs De Elysee for a walk and ride on the ferris wheel. While I was on there I felt quite scared but after a while it was fine. I wanted to go again but daddy said $50 for a ferris wheel ride - once was enough!  There were so many police and when we were coming home I saw police arrest a boy and he was in hand cuffs. I did not know where they were taking him as it did not look like a jail. Then we went to a restaurant - Crepes De ARts and I had a beautiful crepe and brang one home take away with sugar on it. Now we are just sitting here and dad is singing songs from the 80s and we are laughing at him - trying to stay awake til Paris midnight.

Rogies entry ...

Wow what a day. if i see the Eiffel tower from one more direction i will throw up. i have seen it plain, in clouds, from the bottom, from the top (which i really didn't need), from the middle, from the stairs, with alcohol, without alcohol, lit, sparkling, foglights, etc. BTW (by the way) i have photos of all these situations. IMYB (i might yet be) the only foreigner to never want to return to the Eiffel tower. I blame a four hour que on this. (just to P!ss me of further, Bel has turned on the multicoloured light display of the Eiffel tower that she bought.)

After finally convincing the family to walk to the Arc de Triomphe to catch the bus (from the Eiffel tower no less) so we could see the lights on the champ de elysees, the driver decided that the champ de elysees was to busy so went down a backstreet missing everything i had walked them there to see. IHNC (i have no credibility). we have however learnt a number of things. not everyone in Paris is french (to determine this say merci to everyone, yesterdays response was bugger the french i am welsh), Not everyone in Paris, cares that you are not french, (see any store owner who wants your money) and lastly, if you are not french and have some hot chicks in front of you, do not expect attention. (see ferris wheel contractor on entry who said parley vous fracias, to which i responded no mate, i am an aussie, he then spoke to the hot chicks for the next 5 minutes, making sure they were comfortable before even allowing us into the 30 euro 3 minute ride.

on a side note i did find a few things enjoyable. 1 when you are lined up, someone always trys to push in. In your loudest voice say Non! Non! the end of the line is actually way f#$king back there. it appears to get them very excited. especially if you end with parley vous aussie. Also, when someone pushes in, in front of you, a nice TB (turburculous) cough without covering your mouth, has the desired effect.

I am thinking about publishing a book on travel tips for the uneducated.

Bel's Entry....

I know what you are all thinking but honestly we have all had an amazing wonderful time - Eiffel tower and all. Love you guys and looking forward to seeing you in 2011. Bonne Annua (Happy New Year in french i think).

About bparrish


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.