Existing Member?

Parrish Family Holiday

Day 15 Eiffel Tower Day

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 31 December 2010 | Views [316]

Today after dragging ourselves out of bed and of course skyping everyone we set off to see the Eiffel tower in detail.

We arrived around 11am and stood in line until 2pm. It felt like world expo or something. The crowds and queues are so crazy here. But girls so good. The day was so bright and sunny at 11am but by the time we got to the top of the tower the fog had rolled in but Rog (afraid of heights)  made it albeit slightly quezzy..... We walked down the tower. It was amazing. We then bargained with the hundreds of salesman down below for souveneirs. The girls want to take everyone in their class back something (which is all the go apparantly) so finding 6 Eiffel towers for 1 Euro was just what we needed......

Girls so amused with the french kissing that occurs here. Molly and Evie try to reinact it. God help the boys when we get back. I think I may be called to Mr Kinsella's office this year....

We then walked up the Champs De Elysees to see the gorgeous lights and then caught a bus back over to the Eiffel Tower to see it sparkle at hour. It was worth waiting for.

Girls home having a very hot bath to warm up. They did well waiting in -2 for 4 hours but agree it was worth it. Girls loving french bath oil!!!

Rog feeling better. Only took us 10minutes to get the pharmacist to understand soluable asprin.

You will notice girls have switched from beanies to berets.

Hopefully will speak with you tomorrow for new year. Have a lovely time together. Have a champagne for us and we will have a few for you. On a personal note glad this year is over but on the other hand don't want to let go of it.

Love Bel, Rog and Girls.

About bparrish


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.