Existing Member?

Parrish Family Holiday

Day 10 - Christmas Day in Lapland

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 26 December 2010 | Views [436] | Comments [1]

Not really sure how to describe today - the most amazing things I have ever seen. Which may not say alot as I have never been out of the country but honestly it was everything we had hoped for and more.

Evie's word for today - No words to describe

Molly - extremely fun, enchanting, fabulous

We started with a snow mobile ride for about 40minutes. I rode with rog and the kids went in a long sleigh pulled by a snowmobile driven by a guide. Passed reindeers along the way.

Then we played sledding, ice hockey, sat in an igloo, walked out onto a frozen lake.

Then we got called to go and see Santa. Snowmobiled out for around 10mins then swapped to a reindeer ride for about 10mins to a little log cabin where the elves greeted us and Santa meet us at the door. Girls were stunned and for once in a lifetime Evelyn could not speak. They were trying to figure out if he was the real deal and then were totally amazed when Santa said he checked on Marty and the rabbits. Of course he knew what they had gotten for Christmas. He then gave them presents and we reindeer rode back.

Camera struggled with the darkness and our reflective suits but managed to get some good shots.

Snow was so soft and deep in parts that when you walked it went up to your waist.

Mum - I took some good shots for you to paint for me. Get the canvas out.

We are about to go to our festive dinner - although very exhausted and tired. A wonderful day and thank you for skyping us. The girls and I love it.

Enjoy boxing day.

Bel.

Comments

1

Awesome!

  Jax Dec 26, 2010 8:35 PM

About bparrish


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.