Existing Member?

IndianVoyager

Seek Experiences - 24 Hours in Dehradun

INDIA | Wednesday, 6 November 2013 | Views [207] | Scholarship Entry

Being a big fan of TLC and Globe Trekker, wanting to be travel show host was obvious. I grew up reading a lot of stories by Ruskin Bond, and a lot of them happen in the mystic greens of Dehradun. So when I saw an opportunity to make a travel film, Ruskin's Dehra was the first choice. A true traveler never has a definite plan - my sightseeing was impromptu, based on advice from random locals. That's how I discovered the Khalanga War Memorial - raised by the British to recognize a courageous Gorkha cavalry from the battle of 1814. I met a group of army veterans who voluntarily maintain the site and spoke at length with them. They insisted I stay for lunch, but I settled for some tea. Then there was the touristy stuff, which I am not a fan of, so I went to the Central Braille Press- India's first braille press. The staff was there demonstrated the whole printing process. I was moved and motivated during my interactions with the visually impaired people trying to lead a daily life.

Winning this competition means a platform to learn and demonstrate travel film making. Whether I win or not, I am grateful to World Nomads for giving me the push to make an interesting travelogue.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About borahparmita


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.