Existing Member?

Realistic adventure of my life

It was my first travel abroad

IRAQ | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [730] | Scholarship Entry

It is a simple and realistic adventure of my sample life. I've never suppose that I'll travel even if I went to such a country suffers from wars, Iraq at the end of the last year. It was my first travel abroad Egypt where I live to work. Actually it was that travel to attend a conference there about youth and media. I still remember the first time I went to the airport, the smell of travel and being away of safety of the mother country, I was really happy and felt that my dream comes true to start my own adventure. Firstly I reached Amman where I first saw people from different countries and languages. I saw the free market of various international brands. It was a happy 3 hours I spent there. Then I went to Baghdad. The happiest moment for me was being in two countries in one day, adventure. I went there, met participants in the airport and went to Sheraton Hotel where we will stay. Without detailed daily moments I spent there a week with amazing persons from different cultures and Iraqi people were really like our family. I and the others didn't feel that we are away of our families and home. Iraq was like the other home for us. There I walked in the streets and spoke to people who welcomed us with food and gifts. Although the country there suffers from explosions and armed gangs but who cares !! I didn't feel that we are in danger or couldn't move there. In the morning we worked and the remain day we go out, shop and see Baghdad's mosques and historical places. I didn't mention that the hotel was in front of the last statue of Saddam Hussein, didn't I? The week ended so fast with tears and hugs between the friends and promises to met again the next year also in Baghdad. I know it looks like a normal travel, but according to me it was a start for new life. I've definitely changed and become a new person dream job and amazing friends. Now and after six months we still remember this week. We still remember our friendship and Baghdad streets and people. We still pray to meet there, me and the other 30 friends.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About bookoftravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Iraq

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.