Existing Member?

People's Environmental Awareness - Khati (PEAK) Follow PEAK with the financial assistance of World Nomads on the path to delivering educational, water supplies & solar home lighting systems to Kumaon villages....

The shelf....

INDIA | Monday, 23 July 2012 | Views [711]

'The shelf'......

'The shelf'......

February 2012.

PeAk staff have been busy unpacking 'solar goodies' for the Solar Home Lighting Project. Panels are placed in the sun on the bathroom roof (one of the sunniest and most accessible spots) for charging in readiness for the next days installation. Though we have to be on the constant look out for 'little fingers' who love playing with the battery buttons!

The kids have been having great fun in art classes in the library turning light bulb and torch boxes into vibrantly painted works of art, chum chum sitara (glitter) designs on cardboard (dividers that were used in solar panel boxes) line the walls and there has been no end to the imaginative artworks the children are coming up with using recycled packaging materials.

Our new employees have been brilliant. Full of spark and raw initiative. Training sessions have been a huge success. Goods carted via backpacks, householders consulted, wires placed through roofs, drilling through floors to goat sheds, bulbs placed in appropriate positions. Jai & Dhan have been so keen to work it's been hard for Scott to lift a finger!  

In a Kumaoni household stainless steel figures predominantly and is displayed accordingly. The photo above shows how a new battery and torch have been given pride of place on 'the shelf'...

Bonnie

peAk

Tags: dhoor, india, libbhurgur, ritang, solar home lighting

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.