Existing Member?

Euro Adventures

Scotland and London for work

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 7 March 2007 | Views [676]

After Ireland, we went on a 3 day tour of Scotland - the Highlands and Isle of Skye. The secnery was again amazing but in a different way - rugged and beautiful. Guess I have a soft spot for Scotland - thanks Nana! We started in Edinburgh and saw the battlefields of Bannockburn which is marked by a large statue of Robert the Bruce.  We went to the Wallace monument (yes Jess it still looks like Mel Gibson - very funny!), saw Stirling Castle in the distance and took many close up photos of a hairy coo named Hamish. After that we drove through the Highlands and spent a lot of time admiring the scenery ( and getting stopped at heaps of roadworks - apparently the government stresses out towards the end of the year and spends lots of money on roads). We had a short walk around Glencoe, the site of a big clan massacre, went to the Cameron Highlanders monument in view of Ben Nevis ( biggest mopuntain in the UK) and found out more about Scotland's interesting clan history. We then went to the Isle of Skye for lunch on quite a wet and windy day so we didn't see all that much. Back in Edinburgh we caught up with Sarah which was great after so long! We are now back in London, have just found a flat (shoe box) in Willesdon Green and I start working tomorrow. Don't worry we will still send personal emails ( probably more regularly now we are in one place) but you can make comments on this site too. Bye! 

Tags: On the Road

About bombers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.