Existing Member?

Our travels

Singapore II

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 9 December 2008 | Views [332]

An interim update before we head to Borneo for the next couple of weeks’ hopefully lounging in the sun, rehabilitating orangutangs(!) and giving the evil eye to younger/healthier looking backpackers – where do 18 year olds get the money for these trips – my excessively large paper round paid 20-30GBP a week, most of which was spent at Bramall Lane which I guess was not the most constructive use of funds… 

Anyway, highlight of the last few days has been seeing Max (Caroline’s nephew) back to full strength following a bout of illness when we were last here.   The accompanying  photo album will be of interest to family.

Other than seeing (and hearing) Max, we have experienced a Malaysian service station, which comprehensively puts the various efforts of UK equivalents to shame.  Loads of independent food stalls, not a Ginsters in sight, no overpriced cd’s and possibly the only downside being that there was no red bull available.  One assumes the more erratic driving patterns help to maintain a healthy level of adrenalin and alertness running through the drivers system.

Rained all day yesterday and the temperature in Singapore dropped significantly with the humidity disappearing completely for the day.  It is worth noting however that Caroline was the only person around for whom 24C = goosebumps!

Final note for the moment relates to odd photo’s with strangers.  Following Caroline’s post a couple of days ago, we were inundated with people wanting a photo with the two of us during our last day in KL.  We’ll try to get them to pose for our camera if the same happens again, as it is always nice to have group photo’s with utter strangers as a way of remembering a place!

RJH

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.