Existing Member?

Journeys If you meet Buddha in the road, kill him.

Corn Island

NICARAGUA | Saturday, 27 September 2008 | Views [278]

I took a small plane from Managua to Big Corn. That was definitely a new experience! It wasn't bad actually...of course...I took to sedatives before we left the ground...

Big Corn is great. The weather report has been saying rain...but none the past 5 days...except a down pour overnight. I have met several really nice people. The longer I stay the more familiar they are with me. It is nice to be somewhere long enough to be aware of at least one layer beneathe the visible town I am in, and as well...there is a satisfaction of taxis slowing down, honking and calling out a greeting to me...either the driver or passengers... Of course I make many stupid mistakes due to my lack of understanding of a new culture. I think I have made a plan with someone...and they do not show up. Someone thinks they made a plan with me...and I don't realize it...and I am a no show. Given that I am in a foreign culture and these things keep occuring...I am very aware that it is me that isn't understanding something...so I apologize and just keep going...

I have managed to keep bugs out of room...no small feat. I have also been sick with a virus going around Nicaragua...fever, stuffed up, some people have body aches etc. It isn't a big deal...just annoying...for whoever has it.

About blue


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.